Citizens and permanent residents of Sudan and South Sudan are invited to apply for the Gordon Memorial Trust Fund grant.
Students who are already studying a course in the UK will be accepted before those who want to start a new postgraduate course.
There must be a letter of support from the student’s course supervisor. Without this ,the application will not be considered.
This scholarship is designed to fund the postgraduate study course of students willing to return to their country of origin at the end of their course.
The Gordon Memorial College Trust Fund Scholarship was established in 1899 by the public to honour the name and legacy of General Charles Gordon of the British army.
It awards scholarship to citizens of SUDAN and SOUTH SUDAN studying a postgraduate course in UK who have plans of returning and being of benefit to the country , at the end of their studies.
Application Deadline:- 28th of February, 2020.
Offered Annually :- Yes
Eligible countries:- The only people allowed to apply are citizens of Sudan and South Sudan.
Scholarship Type/ Level :- Postgraduate
The criteria for eligibility of this scholarship are as follows:
1. Students who are already studying a course in the UK will be accepted before those who want to start a new postgraduate course.
2. There must be a letter of support from the student’s course supervisor. Without this ,the application will not be considered.
3. Applicants whose courses will contribute greatly to the skill base of south Sudan or Sudan will be preferred and those who also have the intention to return to Sudan and South Sudan after their studies.
4. Support would not be given to dependents relatives.
5. Organisations undertaking educational activities and projects in Sudan and South Sudan are also eligible for funding.
Number of Scholarship :- The number of available grant is specified.
Value of Scholarship :- It covers the cost of course fees, and/or food and accommodation, and occasionally for other academic expenses, such as note books, text books, amongst other things.
To apply for this scholarship :- Read the Advice to applicants, refer to the time table and complete and submit the Application forms at the appropriate time. A link will be provided below for further clarification.
This grant is a great fit for students without means of funding theirs education or little means of funding their studies…